Hello, my name is Laci and congratulations on your upcoming arrival! Bringing baby home can be an overwhelming transition, but it doesn’t have to be. As a Newborn Care Specialist (NCS/commonly known as a Baby Nurse or Night Nanny), I am here to help you, your significant other, and baby navigate this special time.
I am available for daytime or nighttime duty so you can get some much needed rest. I will be there for moral and emotional support, help you to understand the needs of your baby, provide breastfeeding support, help establish a feeding/napping schedule, and implement behavioral sleep learning techniques to have him or her sleeping through the night by 12 weeks. My goal is to work with you and your significant other as a team to give your family the best, stress-free, first few months of life.
I have training as a Professional Nanny/Newborn Nanny, Newborn Care Specialist (Baby Nurse/Night Nanny), and Lactation Counselor. My experience includes:
- sleep training/behavioral sleep learning
- premature babies
- administering meds
As as an NCS, I am educated and trained in newborn care starting from birth. I will teach and assist you to understand your baby’s needs and care such as:
The best practices to create a daily routine that will fit your and your baby’s needs
- Behavioral sleep learning techniques to have your baby sleeping through the night by 12 weeks with minimal crying
- Newborn sleep needs, issues, and how to fix them
- Soothing and self-soothing techniques
- Formulas and breastfeeding
- Reflux and how to help alleviate it
- Colic and how to handle it
- Umbilical cord and circumcision care
I work daytime or nighttime hours depending on your needs. Generally, NCSs work an 8 to 12 hour shift overnight tending to the baby’s needs so you and your spouse can get restful sleep.
I am based in Phoenix, Arizona and provide service nationally.